- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre at Vaughan Mills. “The LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre is a world of entertainment, colour and creativity for families with children aged 3-10.” There are super things to see, great rides and a massive 4D cinema, with animated movies (Lego’s Legends of Chima, which a fantasyland of Lego, Racers movie about Lego cars in a high speed race, The Adventures of Clutch Powers, which is about Clutch and his friends finding tools to defeat the rock monster and Spellbreaker which features a princess and her knight who defeat the evil wizard and his skeleton army).
Rides & Attractions:
LEGO® Factory Tour, LEGO® 4D Cinema, Kingdom Quest Laser Ride (to rescue princes using laser beams), MINILAND, LEGO® Star Wars™ MINILAND Model Display (life-size feature containing 1 /2 million Lego pieces), LEGO® Racers: Build & Test, Merlin’s Apprentice, LEGO® Fire Academy, LEGO® Construction Site
LEGO® Master Builder Academy, The LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Shop
DUPLO® Village, Earthquake Tables, LEGO® Friends, Café, Birthday Rooms.
5th – 27th December 2015
Every SATURDAY & SUNDAY in December, something magical comes over the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centres!
Every Saturday and Sunday in December (December 5th-6th, 12th-13th, 19th-20th, Christmas Day Friday December 25th and the 26th-27th), children can experience themed decorations, building challenges to construct things out of Lego, scavenger hunts and much more! Jump inside the World’s Most Festive Box of LEGO®Bricks!
There is a life-sized Xmas theme composed of Lego pieces, including Santa Claus.
DATES: Every Saturday and Sunday in December
TIMES: All day
Advanced Tickets $20 or regularly $25
LegolandDiscoveryCentre.ca is located at entry area #4 & can be seen and entered from outside the mall. 1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan, ON, L4K 5W4 (S/W corner Jane Street at Rutherford Road. 1-855-356-2150, email@example.com.
- Reptilia (org) will feature Sir Chompsalot who is a mascot alligator walking around the facility. During the Xmas season he may dress as Santa. There will be a beautifully decorated tree, accompanied by the standard holiday trimmings. This family friendly event centre hosts 50 exhibits. There are interactive shows and tours, during which reptiles are shown to the public for interaction with guests. Lizards and turtles can be seen up close and even be petted. Entry fee: $15 for adults, $10 for kids. Children under 2 are free. An all day pass can be purchased, which allows for reentry throughout the day. Open Monday – Sunday, from 10am to 6pm. There is an authentic souvenir store where guests can purchase reptile replicas and toys. Reptile supplies are also sold here.
For more details call: 905-761-6223, Direct Booking Line: 905-303-2516.
- On Sunday, November 22, 2015, SantaFest (com) Parade is celebrating its16th anniversary this year. To mark the milestone there will be a special feature of International Way to celebrate customs and traditions of various cultures of the world. Spirit of the Season theme will showcase the Santa Claus parade with a full gamut of traditional wares, including marching bands and floats. Floats will host various culture groups and proudly display unique traditional celebratory costumes to demonstrate the holiday season through various ethnic motifs. This fabulous parade jaunts the path of Major Mackenzie Drive, from Hwy 400 (Canada’s Wonderland and marches to Keele Street where the festivities culminate in the Maple village area. SantaFest is the largest parade in the 905 area.
Confirmed diverse cultural groups for THE INTERNATIONAL WAY include:
- Portuguese Cultural Club of Vaughan (PCCV)
- Korean Community Centre for Multiculturalism
- Banda Do Senhor Cristo of Toronto (Portuguese Band)
- Russian Community Group
- Vaughan African Canadian Association / Carivaughan
- BFCN (Black Foundation of Community Networks)
- Human Endeavour – Organization
- Tamil Community Group
- Punjabi Community Group
- Hindi/Gujrati Community Group
- First Chinese Senior Association of Vaughan
- York University Italian Club
- Filipino Association
- Filipino Heritage Band
- WEConnect Community Services – Representing India
- Woodbridge Macedonian Seniors Club
For more details contact: Elvira at Caria, at Plan B Promotions Inc.www.planbpromotions.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, (905) 264-2422. Or send inquiry to email@example.com.
- The City of Vaughan hosts the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, December 3, 2015, 7:00pm-8:30pm, outside of the West doors of City Hall.
Come out and be part of the excitement. Your family can join in the countdown and generate great cheer to celebrate the Xmas tree dedication ceremony!
Join the City of Vaughan’s Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua and Members of Council during the City of Vaughan’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, December 3, 2015, at Vaughan City Hall, 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
Bask in the merriment of the festive season with jovial music. Savour scrumptious hot chocolate and delight in delectable holiday goodies. Be sure to bring your camera for your photo opportunity with Santa!
In the spirit of giving, donations of new unwrapped toys for children – aged newborns to 18 months – are welcomed for the annual City of Vaughan Toy Drive in support of the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
Also, witness an illuminating Menorah Lighting Ceremony, on Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 3:30pm. Observe an enormous candelabra being lit for the first night of the holiday of Chanukah. This festival commemorates the freedom movement for the Jewish people. Join Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua and Members of Council for this festival of light on the main floor in the atrium.
Festivities include entertainment and traditional treats. Both events are free to all guests.
For more details call: Phone: 905-832-2281, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Both events will take place at:
Vaughan City Hall
2141 Major Mackenzie Drive
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
- Magical Christmas Forest at Kortright Centre (December 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20) Friday/Saturday 5 pm – 9 pm, Sunday 3 pm – 7 pm.
Christmas crafts, activities and treats for the whole family to enjoy. Go on a horse-drawn wagon ride and meet Santa in his workshop. Experience the nighttime program for four hours of family fun.
Each family can make reservation with Santa, at time of ticket purchase. Xmas themed crafts and games. See the sights upon a horse-drawn wagon, which hosts 15 people at a time, with adventurous rides to the North Pole area. The wagon follows a set route and is boardable every 15 minutes.
Stroll through the picturesque nature walking trail, which features inflatable life size characters. Deer may be seen during your promenade. Your family will be delighted during a personal tour of Santa’s workshop.
Get caught up in the fantasy in photo-rich areas, such as Elf Yourself where visitors can dress up and wear various hats and use props for photo opportunities. The gift shop open for purchases of specialty items, such as authentic maple syrup. Guests can also buy drinks, snacks and soup, which various daily. Hot chocolate is free.
Admission is $25 per adult and $18 per child. Children 3 and under are free.
For more details contact:
Kortright Conservation Centre
9550 Pine Valley Drive at Major Mackenzie Drive
Originally posted 2015-10-21 16:29:36.